Thursday, May 3, 2012

Watch: Garbage Previews Their New Song Big Bright World

We are just weeks away from the release of Garbage‘s new album Not Your Kind of People and today we get to preview another new track from the disc titled Big Bright World. The band sat down to discuss the track in a very cool EPK video (which debuted exclusively on Idolator) that features interviews [...]

This post is going to be a bit self-indulgent so, please bear with me. Yesterday afternoon, I had grand expectations about getting out onto the streets of NYC and running along the Hudson River — and it was going to be PERFECT. The reality was that after a day of flying and a night of not sleeping well, I probably wasn’t ready to enjoy the run of a lifetime. After I did my work yesterday, I decided to get out and run … but after my expectations weren’t met, I ended up having a crappy day … and I have no one to blame but myself.




I have a lot of excuses as to why my run yesterday wasn’t the best (didn’t eat, didn’t sleep, blah blah blah) but in the end, I let myself psyche myself out. I started out strong then crashed out midway thru my run. Instead of focusing on the positives (the amazing weather, the beautiful scenery, the fact that I was able FOR THE FIRST TIME to run with other runners) I immediately got pissed, hated the entire run and let my mood sink into pitiful anger. I was in no mood to do anything for the rest of the day … and that is sad because I don’t get to experience NYC as much as I used to. I sat in front of the TV and found an episode of The Golden Girls. Those funny ladies cheered me up, got me out of my funk and helped me put the day in perspective:




I’ve come to the realization that I place far too many expectations on myself when it comes to running. I’ve only been running for a month and half and I already expect myself to be this perfect runner who never fails. It’s silly. It’s going to be hard but from here on out I’m going to try and just do my best and enjoy my workouts … even if they’re not perfect. I went out for a long walk last night here in Manhattan and I managed to salvage my day. You’d be surprised how much a Happy Meal from McD’s can lighten your mood ;) Never discount the power of little plastic toy prizes.


Today, David and I are going to meet our good friend Marissa and Ryan’s newborn baby boy Max. Then, I’m going to experience Central Park. I’m gonna run a bit, I’m sure I’m gonna walk a bit … but I’m going to enjoy myself one way or the other.


Happy Saturday!




plantes en ligne
Christmas in Aspen
mutuelle etudiant
Landscaping with rocks
vetement publicitaire

No comments:

Post a Comment